Monday, January 09, 2006

10 of 50

Kick starting the day. Tried to call up a friend to wake him up and make him study for test. Good intentions but no response ( they seldom get ! ).

Finally in the early hours of morning I decided to go to market and buy myself a hands-free for the mobile. Once in chembur market I realized that I was too early, the shops would open only at 10.00, after wandering around for some time, I saw the shop keeper opening the shutter. Confidently I walked to him and inquired about whether he keeps the corded ear phone for Nokia. I realized the guy was so delighted, he had not even opened the shutter and the customer was knocking on the door. Quickly he lit the agarbati , parnams to Laxmi devi, I asked him , “ How much ? “ . “Rs. 250 only”, he said. Tickling with the wire, with out looking at him, I asked if he accepted Credit Cards. He did not say a word. I asked him again and he just nodded for a no. Reassuringly I asked him wheres the ATM and delighted he guided me to the one close by. Finally I came out of the shop, went to a Panwaddi, had 1 Gold Flake Lights, 4 Halls and 1 Rajnigandha Pan massala, shelling out 10 of 50 bucks in my pocket-the only 50 bucks I have in pocket, in bank and with friends also and like a king walked to the car and drove for work. I realized that’s what I have been rated in life 10 of 50, that s what are the odds in favor of me, that’s what my life is 10 of 50 !



P.S : Later in the night I watched Matchstick Men. A must see Con movie. The o Con movie that drags you so close to humane feelings and within fleeting seconds hits you where it hurts the most and reminds you of the truth- You have to reap what you have sown.

Adios.

No comments: